Pages

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Preferred Pairing: Oxfords and Trouser Socks

First of all, it's fun to say "trouser socks." I don't often wear "trousers," but should I ever, I have a vast collection of appropriate socks. I especially love sheer and polka dot ones of various colours.


Here are my favourite Oxfords (two tone, purchased at H&M in Montreal in 2011 - they've been reheeled once already but still going strong three years later!) paired with my favourite polka dot trouser socks. Sometimes I wear them pulled all the way up, and sometimes cuffed / folded.


Same shoes, this time with cuffed pale green polka dot trouser socks. I like to fold them down so the scalloped edge looks like a ruffle.


Here's one of my favourite looks - the same white with black polka dot socks pulled up (they get a lot of wear) with a pair of plain black Oxfords. Cookie Monster is an obvious bonus accessory to any outfit.

Considering I would have said "ew, gross!" to ruffled socks as a young girl, it's funny that now I can't get enough of them. I have lace ruffle trimmed socks in white, black, and grey and white. They're also great with Oxfords and flats.


As if these pink suede Oxfords weren't already great (and they were) I decided to take my basic sewing and adorning skills to make them that much better. I bought a roll of leopard print (see previous blog post) ribbon, sewed them into bows, and attached them to the laces of the shoe. 

It is a simple and inexpensive way to make a pair of shoes that much more unique and eye catching!





No comments:

Post a Comment